This role is based in our Netherlands branch (1507 DL, Zaandam) which opened in March 2021.
Electronics Direct is a Franchised and Independent Electronic Component Distributor offering “the best prices, quality and customer service in the Electronics Industry”.
ISO 9001 registered and established in 1999, Electronics Direct has been built with a passion for customer service, building strong and lasting relationships with our customers. We provide a service which is responsive, flexible, consistent and reliable, tailored to the way our customers work.
Generally, our customers are looking for components, such as resistors, capacitors, surface mounded devices, diodes, LEDs, to put into the products they are manufacturing. Our team of Sales/Buyers are given a customer’s requirements for these kinds of parts, then they search for sources of stock using a state-of-the-art Advanced Global Procurement Software System. Once able to source the component/s, we quote the customer, and when the customer places the order with us, we in turn place it with our supplier. The supplier sends the parts to us, upon receipt we check them in Stores, and repackage them on the same day to send out to our customer by courier.
We currently have over 700 customers in 47 countries around the world. Key industries include automotive, medical, military and telecommunications. 50% of our business is currently to mainland EU customers.
Our York Head Office in England has 30 staff working on site, across three departments; Sales, Finance and Warehouse.
Our Netherlands branch has 6 staff on site: A Warehouse Supervisor, and a Warehouse Assistant, 4 x Sales Account Managers. A variety of people from the UK Head Office will also be on-site for various periods of time to carry out training.
We see great growth potential within the Netherlands Branch.
We work Mondays to Fridays and do not operate a shift system in the warehouse
· Signing for and receiving parcels from couriers, checking the customer and the shipping date, indicating appropriately on the parcel, storage in Goods In according to shipping date
· Identify any non-conforming parts and liaise with Sales as to action required
· Wrapping parts in suitable antistatic bags, and labelling the parts
· Storage of parts in the correct location in Stores or Warehouse, labelling the drawer where required
· Packing up parcels with the customers’ orders, ensuring boxes are neatly wrapped and labelled ready for collection by the courier/s
· Constant awareness of Health and Safety issues in a very busy, bulky packaging environment and taking corrective action where appropriate
· Emptying the bins in Stores/kitchen
· Emptying the cardboard container
· Tidying stores areas
Other Administrative duties include:
Checking and Processing Supplier Invoices, including Courier Invoices
Entering “Company Purchases” onto the database (Supplier PO)
Record on the Database the payments made to the company’s bank accounts by customers
Record updates from Credit agencies against Customer records on the database
RMAs – process the returning of parts from Customers/send back to Suppliers
Re-ordering office and stores supplies, Filing
8.30am to 5.15pm (Mon-Thu) and 8.30am to 4.15pm (Fri) 38hour week