A Little Lovely Company (ALLC) is a Dutch kids lifestyle brand, founded in 2014. Aiming to bring a touch of loveliness to everyday life, ALLC is dedicated to developing unique quality products for kids and baby. All products are original creations, designed with love and an eye for detail, and manufactured to meet worldwide healthy and safe standards. A Little Lovely Company is an international brand, supplying a close network of distributors and retail outlets, large and small, in over 50 countries.
ALLC is looking for an ambitious, creative and experienced textile designer, specialized in lifestyle products, fabric design, fashion or plush, preferably within the baby/children sector. The successful candidate must be a specialist in their chosen field, with a proven track record and have a portfolio of designs that reflect their talent.
We are looking for a skilled designer who understands the creative process, has the ability to develop commercially successful products, from start idea to final product, with full knowledge of all relevant production processes. A natural sense of taste and aesthetics is essential, as is being up-to-date with industry trends and market demands, understanding the essence of designing for a target audience, being passionate about your work and creating products, and being able to work within the design vision of A Little Lovely Company.
The successful candidate will work together in a small team and must be super proactive, passionate, innovative, have an eye for detail and continually strive towards excellence.
· Closely follow trends & developments in the branch
· Develop new product/collection ideas and concepts, from start to finish
· Prepare working drawings, production ready artwork, & spec sheets
· Oversee sample development, including feedback and improvements
· Oversee production process, including, when required, communication with manufacturers
· Coordinate packaging design
· Work together with the Creative Director
· Relevant HBO course - textile design/fashion design or similar
Minimum 5 years working experience in a commercial company – with preference in kid’s lifestyle, textiles, plush, or fashion
Natural passion for design
Experienced Adobe user
Basic level graphic design skills
Technical knowledge of all production process
International commercial mindset
High level of written English
· Being able to add new and valuable ideas/input to current collection
· Seeing opportunities and chances
· Creating products that combine sustainability, design, quality, function and aesthetics
What we offer
· Dream job with space to develop creative products
· 24 - 32 hours a week
· Informal working environment at head office in Groningen (for the right candidate, other options may be available)
· Salary according to industry standards, related to experience and skills
The position is open on an ongoing basis until a successful creative is found. If you have any specific questions or would like more information, please feel free to contact Nikki Hateley 050 - 211 25 10
To apply please send your letter of motivation (in English), along with your CV, portfolio (or links)