The Institute for Infrastructure, Environment and Innovation (IMIEU)
Sustainable Aviation Project Development Trainee
The Institute for Infrastructure, Environment and Innovation (IMIEU) is looking for an online-trainee:
Sustainable AviationProject Development TraineeIMIEU
The position is focused on participating in and learning from European and International processes for the upscaling of innovations, in relation to the decarbonization of renewable power/clean water production, as well as decarbonising transport (air/conventional aviation; electric air mobility, rail, maritime and good/passenger transport infrastructures). More specifically, the traineeship’s focus will mostly revolve around innovative green initiatives in the domain of sustainable aviation and drones
The work will be carried out in a small international team. The traineeship will result in an IMIEU traineeship certificate and include practical training sessions (using daily cases) regarding European and International project development on innovation and decarbonisation; in addition to information about possible financing options of start-ups and innovative SMEs. Attention is furthermore paid to multi-cultural and international working environments and how to effectively operate in them. The UN SDGs are the starting point of most of the projects.
1. High level of spoken and written English.
2. Intermediate to high level of spoken and written French.
3. Knowledge of German and/or Dutch or other languages is an asset.
4. At least bachelors/masters’ level- either policy or engineering background with sustainability, environmental management, water management, transport or aviation in the curriculum.
5. Being able to work precise and meet deadlines.
6. Being able to work independently.
7. Efficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator is an advantage
What is offered?
1. Working in a small-scale team in an up to date European working environment.
2. Working on the latest innovations with a possibility to publish.
3. Training and coaching provided regarding European and International Project Development, in close collaboration with European Institutions, Expert Institutes, Industry and International NGOs; with the possibility to acquire a network relevant to the latest innovations in sustainable infrastructures, transport, water, and environment.
4. A certificate upon successful completion.
5. A modest reimbursement for costs relating to online work is offered. The traineeship may result in an extension of the traineeship in person at the Amsterdam or Brussels Office.
Applications need to include maximum one-page motivation letter, and a curriculum vitae (maximum two pages) with two professional contacts for reference. Applications are considered on a rolling basis, starting from the publication date of this announcement and the procedure will halt when a suitable candidate is found.
Candidates are asked to apply as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Institute for Infrastructure, Environment and Innovation is a private nonprofit organisation based in Brussels, Belgium, with two offices in the Netherlands.
Our main areas of work are:
Initiation and development of European and international co-operation projects, with special focus on the demonstration that economic development can go hand in hand with the improvement of environment and nature protection. The areas of expertise include spatial planning, infrastructure development and, nature protection and sustainable aviation (Ligther Than Air – LTA -technology and drones, urban air mobility).
Counselling on sustainable finance for start-ups and financial provisions for the upscaling of sustainable innovations in the fields of water and energy, maritime infrastructure or drone/robotics. This is done through a focused database of European niche-grants, bi-lateral funding and of seed- and venture capital investors, which has been build up over the past decade.
Project partners are from the European Union, in addition to India, Eastern Europe, Canada, California/New Mexico/Texas, Colombia, Mexico, Asia and Australia.
Contractduur 4 maanden
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Open Positions from The Institute for Infrastructure, Environment and Innovation (IMIEU)