Finance and Economics IT Management & Business Others Other Science and Tech
3 - 5 Years
Senior IRM Officer
ING is looking for a Senior IRM Officer (13)
We are building an integrated high quality Innovation risk team for ING Neo in order to ensure that ING takes a tailor made Innovation risk management approach across geographies and business lines. Furthermore, ING needs to manage emerging risks from new types of business. The risk team will maintain and monitor the application of the Innovation risk framework.
A senior level IRM is needed to provide adequate advise and challenge on the Innovation initiatives, as the complexity of the activities in scope is significant. Also the activities apply to unchartered territory which means that it requires strong assessment and senior decision capabilities as well as keeping the alignment with the standing organization in case of integration in existing business processes. The activities cover multiple jurisdictions in Europe and Asia. Next to the diversity in jurisdictions and stakeholders, the activities cover a range of existing, changing and new products as well. The senior IRM officer needs to be capable of connecting the dots effectively in a complex environment, making risk assessments under time pressure and knowing which other experts may need to be involved.
IRM provides advice on projects on the initiatives in Labs Amsterdam and scale ups as well as functional oversight on the risk staff providing support in the local Lab teams and equity investment opportunities.
The IRM will be part of the center of excellence team for integrated Risk oversight ING Neo to make sure ING has a clear governance and consistent framework. Therefore this role has Global impact.
Job description - Officer Non-Financial Risk B
1. Provide input to Innovation risk framework and risk governance with respect to IRM and making sure continued alignment with the ING (IT) standards;
2. Provide risk advise, challenge and support for Amsterdam based ING Neo scale up fintechs and Lab team as well as support risk support set up for the international labs including research, fact finding, collection of evidence and documenting IRM activities.
3. Support proper application of the innovation framework and ensure consistency in all ING entities for Risk support Innovation/fintechs;
4. Install proper operational IT securtiy control environment monitoring for the ING Neo environment.
5. Provide training and communication for the Risk community in order to make the risk function future proof as the financial services offering to our clients changes;
6. Liaise with the applicable CIOs, CISOs, CAS and CIRM depending on the innovation initiatives.
7. Perform functional oversight on IRM, involved in local innovation initiative and conduct ad hoc risk analysis where needed;
8. Pro-actively participate in challenge and report upon the risks of key innovation programs and projects.
Your work environment
The IRM works in close interaction with the ING Neo Risk team, 1st line risk ING Neo as well with the other as well with functional line, to ensure that IT risks arising from the initiatives are properly identified, measured, mitigated, monitored & reported.
What we are looking for in you?
Courage and self confidence
Listening skills and empathy
Oral skills and presentation
Problem analysis and Judgement
Professional expertise/Market focus
Experience as senior IRM with at least 8 years experience in relevant risk or business areas.
Strong track record as IRM/BCM or IT (security) expert
Knowledge of Banking business, processes, procedures and systems
Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work across both functional and geographical lines.
Strong ability to earn trust and respect of clients, colleagues and senior management
Ability to be firm when needed and show flexibility when possible
Excellent analytical skills and sound judgement
University degree (or post-doctoral) or equivalent
Professional education/relevant international certification (eg RE, BCI, ISC2, ISACA)
Organizational skills and ability to coordinate mobilize colleagues to manage the workload, even under time pressure.
Ability to participate in and / or manage complex and cross-functional projects.