With approximately 480 employees, KLK Kolb is one of the leading alkoxylation companies in Europe and offers a wide range of surfactants, chemical specialties, and customer-specific products for various industries. We sell our products worldwide and currently have three manufacturing sites in the heart of Europe (Hedingen/CH, Moerdijk/NL and Delden/NL).
KLK Kolb is a member of the global KLK OLEO Group.
To support our continued successful growth, we are looking for a motivated, proactive, and independently thinking;
Lab Technician (1 fte)
As a Lab Technician you are responsible for carrying out synthesis and laboratory tests for the development and optimization of new and existing KLK products, processes and methods with a strong focus on safety and meeting our customers’ requirements and expectations.
Location and position
You will be part of KLK Kolb’s European R&D center located in Delden, comprising a team of lab technicians, chemists and scientists, working together with other disciplines within the organization. You will be part of the R&D Alkoxylates team consisting of 5 FTE and you will report to the team leader R&D Alkoxylates.
Responsibility areas/Core tasks
· Execute synthesis (alkoxylation reactions) for the development and optimization of new and existing products and processes;
· Perform chemical experiments in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations and scale-up of new product developments;
Record all data and results with accuracy and responsibility. Interpret results to present to senior colleagues;
Execute the commissioning of new reactor set-ups;
· Ensure compliance of the alkoxylation autoclaves with legislation, regulations and safety requirements;
· Monitor maintenance of the alkoxylation autoclaves and other laboratory equipment;
Organize and store all chemicals substances according to safety instructions;
As a candidate you have the following knowledge, experience and competences;
· Completed bachelor education in organic chemistry or minimum 5 years of experience with operating chemical processes;
· Experience with new product development and synthesis (experience on alkoxylation reactions) is a pre;
· Skills to be able to work independently as well as in a team;
· Result-oriented with good analytical skills;
· Communicative skills with good knowledge of the English and Dutch language;
· Pro-active, broad and open minded, enthusiastic attitude.
For more information please contact Maria Leon Matheus, Teamleader R&D Alkoxylates KLK Kolb.
Candidates who meet the described profile can send a motivation letter with CV up to, January 11 2021 to the attention of Eva Tinselboer, HR Officer. An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition after this vacancy is not appreciated.