Junior Quantity Surveyor required to work on a Gas Tank Farm in Maasvlakte, Rotterdam, Holland. The Candidate must have experience in Industrial Construction Sector or Oil and Gas Sector. Position to start ASAP.
Flights, transport, accommodation (private room on a shared house) and food allowance provided. Salary negotiable in accordance with Experience and Certification.
Working hours from Monday to Friday from 07.00AM to 05.00PM with option to work Saturdays from 07.00AM to 04.00PM.
The candidate must be open minded, willing to learn and flexible to work from abroad.
To be part of the Project Cost Control team on site, tracking project progress, issue daily, weekly and monthly reports, issue monthly valuations, report all variations on a regular basis throughout the contract and interface with the Client directly when and as required. Liaising with subcontractors monitoring their progress to ensure it is accurately reflected and process monthly valuation when required.
Details of position:
· To ensure participation in handover of construction meetings for any and all projects concerned.
· Ensure maximum profitability on projects under his / her control by pro-actively approaching your duties and exercising commercial acumen.
· Prepare cash flows and update as necessary - analyse timing of sales and costs.
· Ensure good working relationships with clients portraying yourself as professional and company as a respectable organisation, by ensuring that client correspondence / documentation is prepared in a professional manner - close links established with key client personnel.
· Compile monthly reports as directed by the Commercial Manager / Project Commercial.
· Carry out monthly measure on site and prepare monthly applications to include all values relating to labour materials management, plant and equipment and escalation.
· Monitor progress on site ensure that where applicable claims for recovery of loss and expense are submitted timeously and agreed with client, liaising with Project Manager / Commercial Manager and referring to the appropriate conditions of contract.
· High light to the Commercial Manager areas in which target cost and sales are not being achieved by means of a weekly reports / spent earned ratios.
· Comply with company procedures in relation to commercial matters.
· Assist in the development of the company by developing contacts within the industry.
· Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.