The role of IT in protecting and shaping Canons future success is more important than ever. It is vital that our systems and data are robust and reliable not just from a technology perspective, but, equally importantly, in terms of the business processes and ways of working that ensure that our Canon colleagues carry out their jobs in a way that mitigates risk and keeps our company secure and resilient.
The new role of IT Compliance Director will have accountability for IT Compliance across the Canon EMEA organisation, regarding the definition, implementation, audits and improvement of IT Controls frameworks, including User Access Management, Identity Access Management, GDPR and Quality Assurance.
The successful candidate will lead and manage IT interaction and communication with key internal and external stakeholders: Finance, HR, Internal Control, Internal Audit as well as External Auditors in the context of SoX compliance, financial year closure and statutory reporting.
You will directly lead a small team, and virtual project groups within the IT division.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
Your key responsibilities will be:
1. IT Internal Control Framework including User Access Management Framework: you will have ownership of defining, reviewing and updating the IT Internal Control Framework and UAM Framework, including setting all controls, defining the control owner, and obtaining the external auditor's approval for the framework's contro design. You'll also have ownership of implementing the UAM framework in the Canon EMEA organisation, managing stakeholder communication and support.
2. Identity Access Management Owner: you will have ownership of IAM within Canon EMEA, and will lead a fundamental revision of the IAM system and associated processes in IT Operations and Business Units/ Functions, including HR . You'll be responsible for set-up, controls and maintenance of the IAM framework as the foundation of Access Management. This will include leading and managing the process for Business Unit/ Function stakeholders to approve the IAM setup under their remit, with full understanding of good practice and appropriate setup.
3. Governance: Ownership of IT Governance Framework (Charter): You will ensure an IT Governance Framework (Charter) is defined, current, monitored and communicated. Ensure the IT Governance Framework is aligned with internal/external stakeholders, and supporting the IT strategy and initiatives. You'll also ensure that the set-up and reporting on internal IT and external IT service providers are compliant.
4. GDPR: You'll have ownership of ensuring GDPR compliancy in IT Application systems, within the IT organisation, and all associated processes. You will work closely with DPO and Maintain the Data Privacy Charter.
5. External Audits : You will be the owner of the IT relationship with External Auditors, and responsible for the organisation of the IT Governance Committee's response to their requests and questions. You'll make recommendations to the SVP and VP of IT as required for decision-making regarding deficiencies. You will also support Business Users to understand and execute their responsibilities related to IT Application Control (ITAC).
6. Assess & Approve: - Risk Control Matrix (RCM) in IT - Define Control Owner & Control Executer - SoD (Segregation of Duties) & Roles - Owner of System / Standard User Access Group - User Access Group - User Access Assignment (Check against SoD, Assignment through FAM) - Internal Produced by the Entity (IPEs) in Project - Mitigation & Remediation plan & implementation - Compliancy assessment and approval to all the delivery project through Quality Gates
7. Audit: You'll be responsible for the IT General Control (ITGC) & IT Application Control (ITAC) process and execution, including auditing all related processes in IT and Business.
8. Periodic Review: You'll manage periodic reviews of Business & IT User Access, SoD Scan, management of Leavers.
9. Control Testing: Conduct internal testing and proving (right or wrong) upon IT Internal Control Framework. Assess the materiality of any Deficiency incident and ensure implementation of mitigation and remediation. Ensure the correct production and collation of evidence.
10. Quality Assurance of the Compliance documentation: Ownership of Documentation regarding the required Quality of Control Execution.
11. Competence: Assess the competence of the organisation / units in IT upon request and periodically to feed into IT Strategy. Frameworks include but are not necessarily limited to COSO, ITIL, CobiT, IT-CMF, CMMi, Prince2, MSP and relevant ISO standards.
12. People Leadership: Lead, manage, recruit, develop and coach team members to be a high-performing, motivated and knowledgeable team.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
This role requires:
In-depth knowledge of best practices in IT Governance and IT Compliance in particular COBIT, IT-CMF and COSO
Good understanding of ITIL, CMMi and relevant ISO chapters
ITIL Foundation certified; ISACA certified (2 out of 4); IT-CMF certified (Core & Assessor)
General understanding of IT infrastructure components supporting IT Services.
Knowledge of definition and reporting on KPIs
Strong leadership capability to influence and ensure others comply with EIT standards of practice (frameworks), controls, policies and quality assurance principles.
Collaborates with others to achieve a common goal; authoritative leadership and decision-making when required.
Provide proactive recommendations for continuous improvement (quality-driven)
Experience of defining, leading and driving broad-reaching process/ policy reviews and audits.
Good understanding of the Canon Business
Significant professional experience in IT, including leadership of people/ projects
Excellent communication and presentation skills, including presenting to and influencing at senior leadership level
You will need
In this leadership role it is important that you excel in the following Canon competencies:.
A Canon leader:
Is business-outcome driven
Is courageous and has conviction
Ensures delivery of the outcome
Innovates by building on skills and experience
Is inspirational and motivational
Builds trust-based relationships
Develops and coaches others
You will work in an international company with many different nationalities (on-site and offshore) which makes it a great place to work. Our offer includes a competitive remuneration package, including a performance based bonus scheme and Canon products at attractive prices; full-time (40 hours a week) contract; and the intention to convert to a permanent contract after good performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Canon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company thats strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.