This is a newly-created standalone role within Canon's central EMEA HR function.
As the HR Controls Lead, you'll be a specialist who is able to bring experience with centralised HR Shared Services functions where you have been able to define, manage and influence best-practice HR Governance and Control measures. This experience will probably come from working with a large consultancy, HR Auditor, outsourcing provider or similar (but exeprience with other large, international enterprises operatiing an HR Shared Services/CoE model will be equally valuable).
Crucially, you'll already be an experienced HR governance and controls specialist who is capable of overseeing operational "business as usual" activities as well as leading changes aimed at improving Canon's HR Controls frameworks (including HR data access management, HR data quality, HR SOX topics and GDPR topics) and influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, from IT & Finance to external Auditors.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
As our HR Controls Lead, you'll primarily take responsibilty for;
1. HR Internal Control Frameworks: Manage an approved HR controls framework to work at both local and central levels, working with both internal and external stakeholders to drive awareness and training for key HR users on HR Governance & Compliance.
2. HR SOX controls, working to become the primary connection point for HR relationship with external and internal auditors and guide the respective HR process owners
3. Managing all HR-related GDPR topics as the central EMEA HR Data Privacy Champion, working closely with the company data privacy office and local privacy champions
4. Define and facilitate regular HR Governance and Controls reviews to proactively improve HR data processes and quality at both central and local level.
5. Lead the production of HR compliance documentation
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
You'll do well in this role if you can clearly demonstrate, amongst other things:
in-depth knowledge of HR Governance & Controls best-practice (particularly with enterprise-grade HR Systems)
a good understanding of international HR compliance standards and measures;
a solid knowledge of underlying legal and SOX requirements;
and Change Management skills associated with complex international working environments
You will need
Presenting and influencing skills are crucial to this role. You'll also need to:
be courageous and have conviction;
innovate by building on skills and experience
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.