OMRON Healthcare EMEA is looking for a dynamic and experienced Supply Chain (SC) professional/manager to drive our international Supply Chain department in our fast-paced and dynamic organization and take a key role as sparring partner to our Senior Management of Sales, Marketing and Finance.
Do you have solid experience in a commercial/consumer product environment with a good understanding of the supply chain including implications of e-commerce? Are you an internationally experienced, ambitious, and inspiring manager? Do you have a proven track record of driving change and continuously optimizing supply chain processes to meet business needs?
If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you!
About the role
The Head of Supply Chain ensures that the Supply Chain Department performs in an optimal way. He/she is responsible for the EMEA Supply Chain strategy (definition and execution), supply and demand planning operation (forecasting, planning, purchasing, inventory control and master data), physical distribution operation (transport, warehousing and regional assembly/value added services) and the customer service operation (order fulfilment and complaint handling) in the EMEA region to meet the customers’ expectations at all times at minimum cost and optimal investment in inventory, based on the defined and approved budgets and within guidelines from OMRON Healthcare Group management.
Your Key Activities:
1. Manage and control the Supply Chain team in OHE, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, work allocation, conflict resolution and termination, and oversee all Supply Chain activities.
2. Oversee and support the local Supply Chain teams at National Sales Companies and their Supply Chain activities, including but not limited to harmonizing processes and procedures, aligning ICT, coaching Customer Service Team Leads, supporting and approving recruitment and performance evaluation and coordinate Supply Chain related priority settings where applicable/required.
3. Control key Supply Chain Management performance indicators (KPI’s and dashboards) and define and implement new key performance indicators for the Supply Chain Management team when required.
4. Manage and pro-actively optimize Supply Chain related processes (supply and demand planning, physical distribution, and customer service) especially where involvement of other departments and/or external partners is required.
5. Ensure product flows from vendors to customers are designed in an optimal manner, preferred partners are properly selected, and contracts/pricing are effectively negotiated. These good flows are managed effectively to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment and delivery of goods according customers’ requirements, including transport arrangements, warehouse arrangements and value-added services, where required.
6. Support global supply chain management by providing regular inventory forecasts and reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly).