Thai Union Group Public Company Limited or ‘TU’, (listed in Stock Exchange of Thailand) is the world’s trusted seafood leader, leveraging its expertise, bringing high quality, safe, delicious and seafood products to customers across the world for over 40 years.
Today, Thai Union is regarded as the world’s largest processor of shelf-stable tuna products with annual sales exceeding THB120 Billion and a global workforce of over 46,000 people who are dedicated to pioneering sustainable and innovative seafood products.
The company is dedicated to producing sustainable, convenient, and quality seafood products for healthy families worldwide. Its brand portfolio includes Thai-leading brands Sealect, Fisho, Marvo and Bellotta; as well as highly recognized international brands Chicken of the Sea, John West, Petit Navire, Parmentier, Mareblu, King Oscar and Rugen Fisch.
Position: Communications Lead - Europe
The position is located in Europe. Remote work possible.
You will be a key member of the Thai Union Global Communications team based in Netherlands or other European country and responsible for all communications and reputation management across Thai Union Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Develop and manage the communications strategy across Thai Union Europe.
· Manage global sustainability communications including social media, blogs, SeaChange website updates, publications, and contributions to articles.
· Partner with the global communications team to help develop and shape global strategy.
· Strengthen the reputation of all TUE entities via effective media relations and actively protect the company’s reputation.
· Manage regulatory communications within Europe.
· Develop a deep understanding of the Thai Union business and its Communications Strategy to proactively manage day-to-day PR activity across Europe.
· Ensure that communications and PR are embedded as a key component of the TUE entities in line with global practice and communication priorities.
· Provide advice to senior leaders on PR strategy and develop strong relationships with external agencies.
· Provide and produce regular reporting to key stakeholders to increase connectivity and promote best in class communications.
Strategic External Communications Program:
· Creation and execution of overarching strategy including corporate news flow (hires, factory openings, new products, etc.), sustainability and industry thought leadership, conference/speaking opportunities, and awards
· Coordinating and developing a strong media and other influencer relations program in the UK and Europe.
· Drafting and creating content such as releases, reports, whitepapers, website content.
· Europe-centric social media posts around sustainability and corporate activity
· Sustainability communications in support of global initiatives, as well as Europe-centric activities
· Developing bench of European spokespersons, including media training and interview preparation
· Executing Group-level initiatives in Europe and coordinating European agencies
· Agency and brand liaison on overarching Group-level activities, including knowledge and materials sharing and development of coordinated European program
· Creation and advisory on new templates and Group branding from a European perspective
· Oversight of execution of Group-level activities in Europe and with each brand
· SeaChange® internal materials and website development and management
· Strategic communications with E.U., UK, Seychelles and other governments
· Coordination of public affairs programs with external agencies and on-the-ground representatives.
· Coordination of communications activities with key stakeholders and partners.
· Support the Thai Union Sustainability team.
· Government body relations and material preparation.
Crisis & Reputation Management
· Global Corporate Affairs and Sustainability Team.
· TUE Leadership Teams – European Supply Chain, OpCos, Marketing, Legal, Sustainability, Innovation.
· Media and PR agencies.
· Press Associations and industry bodies.
· Degree level or equivalent.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, combining the ability to build effective networks with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong communicator articulate, dynamic, enthusiastic and a self-starter.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Experience of meeting demands across a multiple of clients or business units.
· Understanding of the need to establish effective objectives and priorities, as well as management of expectations.
· Team player.
· Fluency in European languages would be beneficial.
· Previous PR experience would be advantageous.
A career at Thai Union is a unique experience to grow as a professional and as a person. You will join a global fast-growing and entrepreneurial organization deeply committed to its people, its community and the environment.
Everyone at Thai Union matters. We are always listening and giving our talent opportunities to grow, develop and implement new ideas to make a difference, within and outside the organization. Our focus on corporate social responsibility and sustainability in a creative and dynamic environment, combined with great opportunities to lead progress, is a guarantee you will quickly develop your professional skills within a human-centered organization.
We heeded our stakeholders’ calls with SeaChange®, Thai Union’s sustainability strategy with measurable commitments to delivering real, lasting changes in the way we operate. SeaChange® aims to drive a positive transformation throughout the global seafood industry.
For further information, please visit www.thaiunion.com