Morningstar Manager Research has a requirement for an Analyst, Manager Research to produce qualitative research and ratings on fixed income strategies that aim to better inform individuals, intermediaries and institutional investors. Our goal is to empower investors success by providing independent and objective recommendations. The position requires a passion for investing, along with strong analytical, presentation and writing skills in English. Morningstar has an established presence across Europe, with more than 25 analysts across EMEA and they are part of a 130-strong global manager research team who work closely with each other.
To research and critically assess fixed income strategies based on Morningstar’s qualitative research framework
Communicate our research view to investors via the assignment of ratings and writing succinct and reader friendly research reports.
To play a key role in preparing for and running fund manager interviews
Support the global thought leadership agenda by writing longer research pieces
Monitor important developments in the fund industry and global financial markets.
Engage with the media to build and support the Morningstar brand
Coordinate with data operations to ensure required data and methodologies are in place
Discuss ratings and reports with institutional clients, both external and internal.
Coordinate with global peers on strategies available in multiple geographies
Represent Morningstar Research by speaking to the media, regulators, industry associations, and at conferences.
• At least three years’ of experience in an investment research setting, with fixed income experience desirable but not essential.
• Able to work within an interdisciplinary team that includes investment experts, qualitative researchers, data analysts, and software developers.
• Superior oral verbal and written English communication skills
• Passion for investing and for helping individual investors make better investment decisions.
• Ability to articulate opinions, supported by analytical rigour
• Ability to use own initiative and work unsupervised together with the ability to prioritise effectively and work in a methodical manner to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; a postgraduate degree or CFA designation (or progress towards one) is desirable.
B99_MstarHollandBV Morningstar Holland BV Legal Entity