We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting the Accounting Team Leader and Accounting Team with the consistent recording of financial data into the relevant systems in accordance with accounting principles and internal procedures.
You will work closely with the different functions across the accounting team to gain comprehensive knowledge of all accounting processes and ensure we have written procedures for all critical accounting tasks and adequate support for all entries. You play a key role in driving the internal accounting projects forward and will build a strong knowledge-sharing platform for the team.
2. Key Accountabilities
- Timely & accurately preparing of journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Supporting the team with the month-end accounting tasks including but not limited to reconciling petty
cash for our offices and the cash & credit card reconciliations for our retail stores.
- Implement some of our internal accounting projects which are aimed at optimizing and simplifying
processes (e.g. the optimization & automation of payment batches and supplier remittance advices).
- Review all critical accounting activities performed by the various functions within the accounting team
and build control checklists together with the Accounting Team Leader.
- Coordinate and take the lead in creating and updating written accounting manuals to provide direction
and guidance for the team and ensure all processes and procedures are fully documented and stored
in a centralized location.
- Support the Accounting Team Leader to review month-end accounting records and sign off supporting-
- Effectively interpret incoming business queries and support the accounting team by responding to
these queries in accordance with accounting and company guidelines.
- Filing, scanning, storing and the retrieval of all related financial documents in accordance with local
rules, regulations and company policies.
- Adhere to accounting principles and internal procedures.
Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have/be a:
- University or equivalent degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant accounting and finance experience in a similar position.
- Part-qualified accountant or interest in pursuing further accounting education (e.g. but not exclusive to ACCA, ACA, CIMA).
- Strong IT skills and an aptitude to learn new systems quickly, with advanced Excel proficiency and an understanding of essential Accounting ERP features. The following are a plus: AX, D365, Power Bi.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and work towards set timelines.
- Flexibility by taking on ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
- Ability to treat all data with care and confidentiality.
- High level of commitment, integrity and responsibility.
- Team player and have the ability to build effective cross-functional relationships.
- Highly accurate, organized and have excellent attention to detail.
- Broad understanding of business needs with excellent analytical and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
- Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
4. Key relationships
- Accounting Team Leader
- Accounting team
- Director of Finance & Operations EMEA
- Finance Manager
- Credit Manager Europe
- IT functional support staff
- Department coordinators
- Local Store Managers
- Local Country Managers
5. Area of Responsibility:
- Travel: 0-20 % - must be open to using all various modes of transport that the company offers to
travel; in terms of efficiency, sustainability and costs e.g. by plane, by car, by taxi, by train etc.
It is expected that you will:
- Carry out these accountabilities within the operating and process frameworks that apply to the
organization of Patagonia.
- Work together with all your key internal and external stakeholders within and outside of the
- Exemplify Patagonia’s Core Purpose & Values in practice.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity.
Open Positions from Patagonia Europe Coöperatief U.A