We're setting up a new Warehouse and need you help to make it happen.
Due to an expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join us and work closely with our Operations Director to get the business up and running.
Are you a Warehouse / Operations / Fulfillment Manager with a flair for making things happen?
Based in Wijchen, Nijmegen Monthly Salary Approximately€3,500 - €5,500 depending on experience
Can youhelp us set-up this new part of our Business, managing the unit as its standalone operation?
Do youlook forward to working in a Company that promotes a positive working environment where individuals are proud of what they do?
Are Youdriven by challenging, fast paced, forward thinking work environments?
If so, read on: -
We area fast-growing online supermarket from the UK, delivering products across the globe. Our success has won us many awards including the UK Queen’s award for enterprise. We are now opening a fulfilment centre in the Netherlands to help us distribute goods throughout Europe
We’re lookingfor individuals who:
· Takes ownership for delivering on what they promise
· Love what they do & are proud to say they operate with integrity and honesty
· Works with a positive mindset, always seeking better ways of doing things and enjoy working as a team.
Purpose of the role:
To proactively set -up and manage a seamless fulfilment operation to meet the needs of our British Expatriate customer base ensuring stock is readably available and despatch times meet required standards. Must be aspirational in wanting to transform warehouse operations for improved efficiency and capacity through WMS, tech, and process improvement.
What we need you to do:
_ Day to day management of the Warehouse environment, including Goods in and out, picking & packing to agreed Company standards.
_ Implementation manager for new site, introducing BCS standards of performance and procedures.
_General site and facilities management ensuring compliance with local law.
_ Recruit and manage staff in a legally compliant way.
_ Maintain optimum staffing levels to ensure operational efficiency is achieved in the most cost-effective manner, recruiting, training and developing as necessary especially during seasonal peaks and troughs.
_ Investigate and resolve all customer questions as soon as possible and where necessary, implement revised procedures to prevent repetition. Enable effective reporting and recording of information to generate effective KPI’s.
_ Manage the team to ensure maximum output is always achieved including accurate timekeeping and absence management.
_ Ensure stock levels are kept at an optimum level to ensure customer satisfaction standards are maintained whilst wastage targets are achieved.
_ Support all new service implementations working with stakeholders from different internal teams in the UK.
_ Work closely with Customer Services to improve customer experiences.
_ Use of Process Improvement techniques and bring more 'rigour to process'.
_ Create systems and organise warehouse to maximise efficiency and productivity whilst removing inefficient costs.
_ Use Warehouse Management software and IT packages to improve processes and in turn efficiency.
_ Design, develop and implement company policies and procedures that create a successful workplace.
_ Maintain high standards of housekeeping ensuring all areas are compliant with current Health & Safety legislation.
_ Organise effective and timely training programmes to ensure all staff are fully supported to perform to required standards and understand legislative requirements e.g. H & S, forklift driving licences etc.
_ Data management and reporting to ensure operational performance is effectively communicated in a timely manner to enable informed decision making and employee performance is measured, monitored, and accurately remunerated.
_ Manage courier contracts to ensure that the customer experience is continually improved, and company profits are maximised.
_ Constantly look for new ways to improve processes and performance within the warehouse including the introduction of automation, embracing and promoting the use of technology.
What you can expect from us:
· Basic monthly salary of circa €3,500 - €5,500 depending on experience
· Company pension scheme & life cover
. Holiday allow of 8%
. 25 vacation days
· Staff discount scheme
What we need you to have to be successful in this role:
* A genuine interest in leading people in an engaging way that inspires them to do the job right first time including providing engaging training programmes
* Previous experience of recruiting and employing staff
* Previous experience of implementing policies, process improvements and resource planning
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft products especially Excel
* A passion for delivering first class customer service
* Great people skills with an ability to build good working relationships both internally and externally
* Good knowledge and experience of HSE laws, regulations, and management
* High attention to detail, wanting to get things right first time
* Deadline driven and able to work in a high paced environment
* Fluent in Dutch and English
* Ideally FMCG experience
* Project management experience is preferrable
What to do next:
If we’ve succeeded in grabbing your interest to this point – send us your CV and a cover letter, written in English, explaining why you think you’d like to get stuck in & join our fab team.