Working at GFS means working in a healthy, internationally oriented company with an ambitious team.
GFS International Food is an international trading company specialized in fresh and frozen meat. It was established in 2007 as an independent trading division of Goedegebuur, beef specialist since 1922 (Goedegebuur is a leading party in the meat sector. Goedegebuur won the Rotterdam Entrepreneur Award in 2015 and are also a proud official partner of Unicef).
GFS works primarily within European and Asian markets, but operates world-wide. Our company is situated in the modern city Rotterdam, which is the ideal starting point of import and export to and from Europe through the largest port in Europe in a time and cost-effective way. We profit from a strong purchase network within the Group for decades, sourcing meat products from selected and reliable suppliers in the whole of Europe. We are fully customer orientated, knowing exactly the products and quality we offer. GFS supplies a wide base of customers including wholesalers, foodservice, catering companies, retailers, manufacturers and ship chandlers. We are still actively exploring new food sectors and markets to serve our customers in a higher level. With efficient logistics partners, an experienced trading team and professional working attitude, GFS aims to serve their customers in a sustainable way. We target to create an attractive business model in the meat industry for every of our customers, suppliers and partners.
- You are first trained by one of your colleagues, so that you gain insight into our (trade) business processes.
- Supporting traders in relation management.
- Support traders on all logistical files.
- Prepare, process, and manage the various required documents, certificates and documentary letters of credit.
- Weekly preparation of stock and shipment reports.
- Responsible for entering contracts in our ERP software system.
- You ensure that we can count on correct administration and reporting.
- You cooperate in compiling daily figures, week-end closing and period end procedures.
- You provide ‘firsthand support’ in various administrative processes and process improvements when necessary.
- Archive contractual documents, amendments to contractual documents and contractual documents signed and returned by customers.
- Loading checklist for trucks and containers.
- Consult with departments on each loading.
- Liaise with traders on allocation of stock, purchases and sales.
- Ensure timely forwarding of documents to customers, banks and agents.
- You are part of a team of 6 colleagues and you report to the GFS department supervisor.
- You are available from Monday to Friday; this is mandatory for this position and not negotiable. The exact working hours are; Monday: 08.00 – 17.00hrs / Tuesday: 08.00 – 17.00hrs / Wednesday: 08.00 – 16.30hrs / Thursday: 08.00 – 17.00hrs / Friday: 08.00 – 15.00hrs.
- You are a morning person and like to start your day fresh, energetic and early because within the trading business this is often where the peak of the day lies.
- Minimum MBO level 4 towards Administration, Transport, Logistics, Business or Trade or proven experience off a similar level.
- This position best suits a proactive professional with at least 1-3 years (with a maximum of 7 years) of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, and it would be nice if you know a second language and willing to learn basic Dutch language fast.
- You live in (the immediate surroundings of) Rotterdam with a travel time of up to 45 minutes (during rush hour).
- You have strong knowledge of Excel and other MS Office programs.
- You have experience with ERP software systems or have no problems at all to gain experience fast.
- Open and direct communication.
- Enthusiastic, positive collaborator and capable of solving problems together.
- Thinks in solutions, not in problems.
- Result-oriented and accurate/attentive to detail.
- Resolute and able to work independently.
- Strong communicator and negotiator.
- Keen sense of priorities to meet short deadlines.
- Not afraid to take responsibility and accountability for decisions and actions implemented.
- You can work under time pressure, tight deadlines are a challenge and understand that work sometimes requires you to take an extra step.
- Mandatory: Valid EU work authorization, currently living in The Netherlands, you have your own livingspace and transport, preferably in or around the Rotterdam area.
Company Benefits & Others
- A challenging job and a good familiarization process from your colleagues.
- A fun and open working atmosphere in an informal team.
- A fixed-term contract with a view to a permanent contract (incl. Travel allowance, pension scheme, etc.).
- Daily lunch and fun staff activities.
- An interesting and very versatile fulltime position in Rotterdam with excellent working conditions.
- Delicious meat for your birthday and christmas, employee discount on our webshop, christmas package, lots of extra's and activities with your colleagues and company.
- An ambitious, dynamic, and international trading company with a flat organizational structure and short communication lines. What can be done today will be actually done.