Company: Multinational Biotech Company Location: Amsterdam Area Start: January 2021
As QC Service Lab Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining a well-organized and functioning lab.
Our client is at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. They are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where discoveries are made every day; discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
We’re currently seeking to recruit highly motivated talents for different positions, to join the exciting journey in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies and their translation to the treatment of patients with cancer.
As QC Service Lab Technician you’ll be joining a team in which people of all backgrounds and experiences are respected, and where working together focused on saving lives, by finding the cure for cancer, is a daily activity.
You will be part of the larger QC Services unit. QC Services is a service unit providing services involving Data management, LIMS support, sample management, material management of the Laboratories and laboratory equipment lifecycle management. The team is diverse, enthusiastic and hard working.
In this role, you will ensure support of high quality for Quality Control and operations while ensuring compliance of protocols, GXP and safety regulations. You are the first line of support in the QC laboratory for material and equipment/instrument. You will make sure that all colleagues have correct and sufficient materials and equipment/instrument to execute their experiments. You will participate in improving the material/equipment management in the laboratory of the manufacturing site and make a substantial contribution to our treatment and the growth and development.
Your responsibilities, among others, will be:
- Maintaining QC stock in the QC areas, using a KanBan system,
- Assuring no expired materials are located in the QC areas,
- Ordering new stock internally and work closely with the Warehouse,
- Ordering essential lab utensils externally,
- Assist in routine maintenance/calibration and cleaning of lab equipment and lab areas,
- Review QC Logbooks in a timely manner
- Implement new QC systems
- Generate EMS alarm reports
- Update procedures
- Quality indicators (Deviations, changes and CAPA)
- Perform other duties as required Challenges of the Role
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-actively prevent stock-outs of materials in the QC Lab
- High quality with a minimum of deviations (First time right)
- Improvement of current procedures and workflows
The ideal candidate for this position, has a hands-on mentality and thrives in a fast-paced environment. In the QC Lab environment, a strong sense of organization is required to ensure that the technicians have enough materials at all time. Basic laboratory knowledge is required and preferable QC or GMP experience. The QC Service department finds team spirit important and therefore you are also open to help out other teams within QC.
- Middelbaar Laboratorium Onderwijs (MLO, Preferable level 4) or similar educational background.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Verbal communication skills and able to speak and read in English are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Organization skills
- QC Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in a technical role in the biotech and/or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Stock keeping experience
- Knowledge of GMP, GDP and SOP’s
- Hands-on, roll up your sleeves mentality
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Service minded
- Team player
If you have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and feel that the moment has come for you to be part of such an exciting journey towards eliminating the burden of chronic cancer care, don’t miss out on this opportunity to join us and discover your sense of purpose.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this position, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org