We are looking for a General Ledger Accountant for one of our clients located in Arnhem. As a GL Accountant, you support the financial processes and internal and external financial reporting within the organization within financial control. You are involved, proactive, you want to carry out your tasks carefully and correctly and are also looking for improvements within the current processes. In addition, you are a real team player. You build a reliable and professional reporting process within the financial control department.
You report to the Finance Manager located in Holland and you also work together with the Finance Manager.
· Responsible for the monthly journal entries, preparation, posting and archiving.
· Responsible for the reconciliation of the balance sheet accounts.
· Responsible for fixed asset management system
· Review month end closing journal vouchers, schedules, FRS (internal financial statements), cost center reports, and other financial statements.
· Participates in the preparation and analysis in the annual budgeting process.
· Assist operational management and other departments of the Company with financial statement analysis and other inquiries.
· Assist in reconciling controlling ledger to financial ledger
· Proactively review established accounting practices and procedures. Recommend changes in and additions to such practices and procedures. Implement such changes where applicable in order to enhance the department’s efficiencies and effectiveness.
· Analyse any shortcomings in the company or designs or products etc, defining corrective and preventative action required, detailing the action to the relevant personal.
MANDATORY SW-APPLICATIONS TO BE MANAGED: (e.g. SAP-roles)
MS Office (Excel / Word)
RECOMMENDED EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· BA in Finance / Accounting (or Master in Business Administration)
· Analytical skills
· English language as well in talking as writing
· 3-5 years GL accounting experience
· Extensive SAP experience
· Experience in writing SOP’s
As a General Ledger Accountant you are responsible for successful month end closings, by preparing, posting and archiving monthly journal entry in a correct, efficient and timely manner.
You are an innovative spirit who desires to be part of a winning team and has no 9-5 mentality and likes to work with tight deadlines. You have a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or a related field (or a master’s degree in business administration) and/or professional certification and at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role with GL accounting. You are an expert in working with SAP and an advanced user of MS Excel and MS Office and have lots of experience with general accounting and month end closing with accurate reporting. In this position you will work in an international environment with highly experienced colleagues.