Industry experts specialising in data management from design and procurement to network infrastructure and installation.
Job Title Finance Manager
As a member of the senior management team, the Group Finance Manager will contribute significantly to the overall strategic development and success of Red Bear Tech.
This role will be responsible for the strategic direction and effective management of a number of business functions including Finance, Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), Audit, IIP, Legal, Purchasing, Administration, Facilities Management and Governance.
This key position will provide inspirational leadership across the organisation, to motivate, develop and encourage a culture that is consistent with Red Bear’s values and ways of working. In collaboration with other Senior Managers, this role will foster a climate of innovation to enhance the potential and impact of Red Bear.
§ Have overall responsibility for the strategic direction, management, monitoring evaluation and success of the Finance, Human Resources, ICT, Administration, Facilities Management and Governance functions of Red Bear.
§ Contribute to the overall strategic development and delivery of Red Bear’s strategic plan.
· To establish and maintain effective procedures and systems for financial management and control in compliance with legal requirements.
· To establish and maintain effective accounting systems for the recording of all financial information.
· To be responsible for the year-end procedure, ensuring that all financial returns are completed accurately and to the required timescale.
· To provide monthly accounts and financial reports to the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors in accordance with the organisation’s requirements and timetable.
· To manage cash flow, ensuring that regular and accurate transfer requests are made.
· To liaise with external Auditors ensuring that any recommendations and changes are fully implemented.
· Assisting the Managing Director and Board in creating annual organisational budget and monitoring cash flow.
· Report to the Statutory Directors on a monthly basis on the financial situation of the organisation
· To ensure - in close liaison with the Statutory Directors - that thorough and effective budgetary control is undertaken in all Red Bear’s projects. Highlighting the key variances reasons for these, and any remedial action that is required.
· To co-ordinate and oversee the budgeting and forecasting processes, liaising with budget holders and contract managers to ensure that procedures are understood and timetables communicated.
· To support staff in the production of budgets and proposals, advising on assumptions, risks and opportunities contained within the budgets.
· To review and authorise the financial aspects of all funding proposals and all expenditure in line with the organisation’s procedures.
· Identify the financial information needs of the programme and to set up systems to ensure that these needs are met.
Governance and legal management
§ Ensure Red Bear delivers the highest standards of corporate governance and accountability through:
o Work with the Company Secretary and ensuring full compliance with the company’s constitution and all requirements of company law.
o Obtaining and registering documents and ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
o Ensuring there is liaison with the company’s solicitors for matters requiring legal opinion or advice
o To ensure the board are operating on line with good governance including the identification of training opportunities.
o To oversee the risk register
ICT, Facilities management & Administration
§ Oversee the ICT function ensuring the ongoing development and implementation of Red Bear’s ICT infrastructure to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s information technology and communication systems and networks to support smooth operation of the organisation.
§ Have overall responsibility for the planning, management and effective delivery of all day-to-day administrative support to the offices of the company.
§ Oversee the procurement and management of a range of facilities which support the organization.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.