The EMEA accountant, located in Veenendaal, The Netherlands, is responsible for assisting the EMEA accounting manager in the day-to-day accounting, including recording journal entries, maintaining the books and records, and performing account reconciliations in support of the core accounting function of entities accounted for by the EMEA finance team. The EMEA accountant is primary responsible for the procure to pay cycle and maintaining books and records of BlackLine subsidiaries. The EMEA accountant reports to the EMEA accounting manager for the accounting responsibilities and other responsibilities. The EMEA accountant proactively and regularly briefs the EMEA accounting manager on the progress of the assigned responsibilities. In Blackline’s fast growth environment, job requirements might develop from time to time. The EMEA accountant may be requested to work on tasks in multiple accounting areas, multiple companies.
· Primary responsible for procure-to-pay cycle for BlackLine subsidiaries
· Primary point of contact for vendor and purchasing related queries
· Maintain relationships and communicate with vendors – ensure vendor performance is monitored and preferred vendor listings are maintained. Assist in selecting and screening new vendors, where required.
· Coordinate EMEA procurement process in conjunction with EMEA and Global Procurement
· Cash - Responsible for processing cash receipts and cash disbursements for all cash accounts
· Fixed Assets
· Prepare monthly fixed asset roll forward, including additions, disposals and depreciation expense
· Coordinate procurement and/or disposals of assets with EMEA procurement
· Accounts Payable
· Record all invoices in the proper accounting period
· Verify that the AP sub ledger ties to the general ledger and monitor AP aging
· Prepare payment proposals and send to EMEA Accounting Director for approval
· Vendor management (and procurement assistance)
· Financial Reporting
· Provide monthly reporting package to our Auditors
· Assist with VAT filing
· Assist EMEA Sr accountant and EMEA accounting manager during peak times (month end/quarter end) with other finance initiatives
Ensure compliance with all SOX key controls as defined in the control description. Ensure that all work performed has gone through at least one level of review.
Automation initiatives and project participation
· Improvements to automated systems
· Enhancements to the P2P cycle where possible
Years of Experience in Related Field: - 1-4 years
Education: - Degree in Accounting
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fluent English language skills
· French and/or German language capabilities
Your application can be sent to Wies Joeglal. As we are a primarily English speaking company please apply in English.
Soort dienstverband: Fulltime, Tijdelijk, Onbepaalde tijd