High Voltage Engineering Europa B.V. is a high-tech company specialized in the development and manufacturing of custom-build linear DC particle accelerators for scientific and industrial applications. We are established in Amersfoort since 1959 and we have approximately 70 employees.
To further strengthen our physics department, we are looking for an experienced and energetic
· You will contribute to the development of particle accelerator systems and peripherals and their related applications with a multidisciplinary team of physicists and engineers. Your contribution will span from conceptual design to validation. The work includes calculations/simulations on ion sources, ion beam transport and modelling of electrostatic or magnetostatic components. Your output will be the input for our mechanics, electronics, software and test engineers with whom you will work closely during the design, manufacturing and testing phases.
· Search for and develop new applications for our particle accelerators.
· Support Sales department and translate customer needs into unambiguous technical requirements.
· Create scientific output and present results to scientific communities.
· Master or Ph.D. degree in Physics or Engineering. Background in Electrostatic Particle accelerators is preferred.
· Affinity or proven competence to combine academic background with the design and validation of industrial equipment.
· Breadth of knowledge includes at least basics of mechanics and electronics allows bridging departments involved in the design.
· Pro-active attitude within the design/test team. Ability to steer, when needed.
· Result-driven with a “can do” spirit and hands-on mentality.
· Good understanding of your role within the engineering team
· Product or prototype development in industrial environment, possibly with fixed lead-time.
· Electrostatic particle accelerators or related equipment is highly advantageous
What we offer:
· A challenging and responsible position in a technically advanced working environment
· Opportunities for personal development
· An attractive salary
· Healthy work-life balance
· A fraternal home base with an informal atmosphere
· Some travel might be required, but the job will be firmly based in Amersfoort
· We will provide adequate training for strengthening your skills, if required
· To apply for this position, please send your CV and a Cover Letter by e-mail to PO@highvolteng.com . For more information, contact: Belinda van der Pluijm (HRM), phone: +31-33-461-97-41